Complete

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Jillian - the newest edition to the family

There are many reasons to come home for the summer. I get to see family and friends who I don't usually get to see. I get to experience many familiarities from my "growing up" years. And I get to put aside stresses and responsibilities for a month and be able to just "be". This summer, while enjoying all the above benefits of being back in RP, I have decided to take this time off to "get in shape".

Another "kickback" of being at home is that I get to experience and take part in first hand whatever healthy/diet/exercise plan my mom is currently going through. I think we have both finally found something that works. My mom is currently using meal plans created by TV's Jillian Michaels. Not only is the food good for you but it tastes good too! It is all light, fresh and delicious. I have also been working out everyday as well. And I feel great! I have decided to not weigh myself, which I think it doing wonders for my self-esteem. I have noticed a slight difference in the way I look, though not too much, yet! Like I said before though, I FEEL great!

Jillian even has her own dessert recipes! Before going to my friends Brian and Stephanie's house last night for dinner, I decided to try out Jillian's brownie recipe. Her recipe uses honey instead of sugar and applesause and olive oil instead of vegetable oil. They came out super light and fluffy. They tasted more "cakey" then "brownie-ey". Part of that may be because instead of baking them in a 8x8 pan I did my usual where I bake them in a mini muffin pan, so you get individual brownies! There wasn't a lot of "chocolatey" flavor to them and I could still taste the applesause a bit, but that should be an easy fix. Next time I will use less applesauce and more cocoa power! Yum yum!

2 comments:

Brian J Griffith said...

And they were GOOOD!!!

Stephanie said...

i LOVED the brownies... so yummy!