Complete

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Birthday Bistro

This weekend was my husband's birthday and to celebrate we went to his favorite restaurant: Lemongrass Bistro. If you live in Kona and you have never been to Lemongrass, well you are missing out! And if you ever plan to visit the west side of the Big Island, then you definitely need to try Lemongrass Bistro.

If you've never eaten here don't feel too bad. I have never been until I started dating my husband. But now that I have tasted its deliciousness there is no going back!

When we went for dinner on Saturday night it just so happened to also be happy hour. (Who doesn't love a good happy hour!) On top of their regular menu they had some discounted pupus. We got the shrimp and veggie tempura. Mmmmm, I love me some tempura!


One of my husband's favorite appetizers here is the macadamia nut crusted tofu. Trust me, it is also delicious! This crispy, crunchy tofu delicacy comes with an awesome thai peanut sauce. My mouth is watering just thinking of it!


Isn't it pretty!

When it comes to the entrees my husband has two favorites. The last couple of times we came he has gotten the crispy duck. For his birthday dinner he went with his other favorite: Crying Tiger NY Steak. I got my new favorite: Massaman Curry. I get mine with the shrimp, but you can get it with chicken, fish, beef, or tofu. 

                                        

The best thing about eating at Lemongrass Bistro is that everything is fresh and light. When we were done eating we definitely felt full, but we sure didn't feel weighed down by a heavy meal. So the next time you are in for some super yummy and completely satisfying food you got to check out Lemongrass!

                            






No comments: