Complete

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Family Dinner

About a year and a half ago my friends and I began what we call "Family Dinner".  None of us have any family here on the big island, so we have created our own family nucleus. The initial instigator of our family dinners is our matriarch. We lovingly refer to her as "mom" (even though she is the same age as us). I got coined grandma (cuz let's face it, I've been old since I was 20). Once we got married my husband unfortunately became grandpa :) 

This week for family dinner I said I wanted to bring crab rangoons. This snowballed in to a Chinese food theme!

The recipe is fairly simple, and fairly healthy as it calls for neufchatel cheese in place of cream cheese and the wontons are baked, not fried. Our family consists of some men with healthy appetites so I doubled the recipe... EXCEPT for the crab. I'll double it with imitation crab, but when it comes to the real stuff the taste can be quite over powering. 

I first mixed everything up in a bowl...


Placed the wontons in a cupcake pan and added small spoonfuls of the mix. 

I tried to get them to look like the Panda Express ones so I pinched each corner. They aren't quite as pretty, but they tasted pretty good :) 


After only 20 minutes at 350 degrees I had happy, healthy rangoons! Mmmm mmmm!

Here is the recipe I used if you'd like to try yourself. Remember, double everything EXCEPT THE CRAB (unless you really like crab, but let's face it, we all just eat these for the warm, gooey cheese!)

Baked Crab Rangoon Recipe


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

These look amazing!! Totally going to try this recipe!