Complete

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Asian Salad

It's Sunday again, which means another Family Dinner! This week we went with an Asian theme: fried rice, potstickers, and by special request - my asian salad.

 

Well, it's not really MY salad. It is a recipe I got from my mom over a decade ago! Our church came out with a cookbook and this is just ONE of the yummy dishes she submitted. 


And she'll tell you that this isn't really her recipe either. She got it from a friend many years before at a ladies recipe exchange at our old church.  

Now the cycle continues as I pass it on to you in the 21st century form of the cookbook and recipe exchanges - blogging and Pinterest!

You only need 4 ingredients to make the salad. The original recipe calls for Ramen noodles, but this time around I am changed it up. In place of the dry ramen noodles I am used chow mien noodles for a different kind of crunch (and hopefully one that won't hurt my jaw as much!)


Then comes the dressing...


The sugar mixed with the vinegar gives the salad a sweet and tangy taste. And who doesn't love sesame seeds!

Mix it all together in a jar and you are good to go! The sugar likes to stick to the bottom so you really have to shake it up good!


When you're ready, pour the dressing on top of you salad and you have a scrumptious, delicious salad fit for fried rice and potstickers (and really anything else!)

Here is the "original" recipe I used from my mom:






No comments: