Complete

Monday, March 23, 2009

2 down and 5 to go!

One of my goals in life is to travel to every continent. Until yesterday I had only been in one (North America) but now that number has doubled! I am now in the other part of the Western Hemisphere - South America. Brazil to be more exact. After 5 airports, 4 airplanes and about 40 hours I finally arrived to my destination. I have only taken a few pictures thus far, and once I have taken more I will hopefully be able to put them up for you all to see.

I am here with my roommate who is here for work. There is a conference going on for pastors to attend to, that is pretty much all the info I have on that, and I am here to help out in any way I can. It doesn't start til tomorrow so I am spending the day catching up on some work for school. That is not all I have done though! So don't worry! We walked around a bit and saw the church we will be meeting at. The city we are at is very clean and seems very nice. For the most part you would think that you were in a city in the US, except that everything is in Portuguese.

Speaking of Portuguese, I haven't gotten to use much so far. I know how to greet people and say thank you, which is a good start, and I am trying to learn new words as I go. I have tried a little Spanish, but not all of it translates over so there is still some confusion.

I know starting tomorrow things are going to get busy, but hopefully I will have time again before I leave to update you on what is going on with me here in Brazil! Please keep us in your prayers!

No comments: