Complete

Saturday, October 11, 2008

All good things must come to an end...

Aloha! Well, the end of my fall break is coming to a close, and much to quickly I believe! The last two days I went to the north side of the island to Honoka'a for a Hawaiian culture course for new teachers. Despite the long bus rides there and back, I really enjoyed the experience. I have some follow up seminars to go to and a final project, but I think that this will be a really great experience to learn more about Hawaiian culture and language.

Last night I went with some friend to Koloko (I am not sure if that is right?) for a bonfire. It was a really great time and I brought rice krispie treats, so I am sure I will be invited again :)

Today has been a pretty chill day. Slept in a bit, hung around the house and did laundry, took a nap, and later today I am going to a friend's house to watch the latest episode of The Office, because we have Bible study on Thursday nights, so we have to watch it later in the week. But it should be a good time. Ironman is today also. I saw them biking on the road this morning where I live, but that's about all I am gonna see today. Maybe next year I will actually watch part of it.

I am really excited for tomorrow because I will be playing bass at church for the first time since being here. I knew a couple of the songs already from back home, and the new ones were easy to pick up. I also was asked to play for the women's retreat coming up at the end of the month, so that should be fun too!

No comments: