Complete

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Teacher Institute Day

Aloha friends and family!

Today was Teacher Institute day, which is a contractual day where teachers get paid, but instead of school we learn more about union stuff. It was at the Marriott in Waikaloa, which was nice to be somewhere other than school! The day went only until 12:30 and I even won a gift certificate! (though it is for a place in Oahu!) Afterwards a friend of mine from work and I went to outlet mall by the Marriott. I bought a book for school, a bunch of postcards to send to my kids back in Santa Rosa, and one Christmas present... though I will not say who it is for!

Yes, I have begun my Christmas shopping... I figure if I see something I might as well get it now since I will not know if I will have time later.

Tomorrow I am back at school, and for the first time I am going to have my class paint. We have used watercolor before, but this time we are using tempura paint. I hope that kids don't make too much of a mess!!!

No comments: